Blow Molded parts provide an advantage when molding larger irregular shaped hollow parts. The Accumulator Head Blow Molding Method begins as an accumulator gathers melted polymer plastic. When the mold has cooled and enough plastic has accumulated, a rod pushes the melted plastic and forms the parison. The parison is a tube-like piece of hot thermo plastic with a hole in one end in which compressed air can pass through. The parison is then clamped into a mold and air is pumped into it. The air pressure then pushes the plastic out similar to a balloon to match the mold. Once the plastic has cooled and hardened, the mold opens up and the part is ejected trimmed of flash (excess plastic) and allowed to cool.
- 17 accumulator head blow molding machines
- Single and Dual head presses
- 1/2 pound up to 35 pound shot size
- Insert molding with robotic placement
- High density polyethylene and engineered materials